Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Week 1 EOC: What sacrifices are you willing to make for your Career?



What sacrifices am I willing to give up for my career, that is a great question. I wish I could say I wouldn't have to give up anything but in reality that wouldn't be true at all. When I made the decision to come to school I already made sacrifices. My everyday life would change. I wouldn't be able to go out with my friends when I wanted to, I couldn't go to any kind of family or friend function when I wanted to. My life would be a schedule for the next three years. I would have to schedule my work availability around my school schedule and then try to fit in a relationship around all that as well. Then anything else I wanted to do would have to be scheduled around my work and school schedule. Oh and then don't forget homework because that takes up the rest of the time I have. So by going to school I already did some sacrificing. For my career I would do whatever it takes to get where I want to go. I realize that I will eventually have to relocate somewhere else and as much as I don't want to do that I will. The only reason why I don't want to is because Vegas is my home. It's what I know. To move to a new place can be scary. I wouldn't know anyone or know where anything is or what to do. Sometimes change like that is good but scary. You have to want to embrace change not run or hide from it. I will give up my life for my career. I want to make a name for myself. I want people who know who I am. When they hear my name I want them to say oh yea I know who that is. I will start at the bottom of wherever I have to and work my way up or work my way to be my own person doing my own thing. I want to experience everything I can on my way up so when I have my own company I know what other people are going to have to go through on their road to the top. So what will I sacrifice for my career? There isn't a lot left that I won't sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment